Social Media Terms and Conditions
The Chamberlain Group LLC (“CGI”) Social Media Terms and Conditions
CGI operates on several social media platforms, including, without limitation, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and YouTube (each a “Platform”, and together the “Platforms”). The websites www.chamberlaingroup.com, www.chamberlain.com, www.myq.com, www.liftmaster.com, and CGI’s LiftMaster Partner Portal (each a “CGI Website”, and together the “CGI Websites”) may provide links to these Platforms, which are owned and controlled by third parties, When a person Engages (as defined below) with CGI on or via one of the Platforms, such person accepts and agrees to be bound by these Social Media Terms and Conditions. When a person uses a CGI Website or any other CGI services or products, other terms and conditions may apply.
A. A person may “Engage” with CGI on or via a Platform by doing any of the following:
- Commenting on, or responding to, a post on CGI’s account on such Platform.
- Sharing, liking, or retweeting a post on CGI’s account on such Platform.
- Using a CGI brand or campaign hashtag on a Platform.
- Tagging or mentioning CGI or any of its affiliates, a brand of CGI or any of its affiliates, a product or service of CGI or any of its affiliates, or a campaign of CGI or any of its affiliates in a post, comment, response, share, retweet, or other social media activity.
B. By Engaging with CGI on or via a Platform, a person agrees to the following:
- Such Engagement will comply with all rules, terms, conditions, and policies relating to the applicable Platform.
- Such Engagement will comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, published regulatory guidance, and best practices.
- CGI may, without compensation or other consideration, comment on, respond to, share, like, retweet, tag, or mention such Engagement.
- Such person hereby grants to CGI a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, license to modify, transmit, distribute and reproduce, use, create derivative works of, and sub-license such Engagement for any purpose.
- To the extent the Engagement could be deemed an endorsement, such Engagement will comply with the Federal Trade Commission’s Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
C. Each person Engaging with CGI on or via a Platform represents and warrants that:
- Such person has the lawful right to transmit, distribute and reproduce such Engagement.
- Such Engagement does not contain any personally identifiable information, personal data or other sensitive data of any person.
- To the extent the Engagement contains images, (a) such person is the copyright owner or has obtained the copyright owner's permission to use such images; (b) such person holds the rights necessary to grant the licenses and sublicenses described in these Social Media Terms and Conditions; and (c) such person has obtained the consent of each person, if any, depicted in such images.
- Such person has made clear and conspicuous disclosures where required or advisable in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, published regulatory guidance, and best practices.
- Such person is over the age of 13.
- Such Engagement does not unlawfully disparage CGI or its competitors, does not contain any unlawful, pornographic, obscene, profane, defamatory, libelous, threatening, or otherwise objectionable material, and does not contain the names of any people (including, without limitation, any celebrities) or any non-CGI trademarks;
- The content of the Engagement is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
- Neither the Engagement, nor the use of the Engagement by CGI in any manner, venue or media, whether now known or hereafter devised anywhere in the universe at any time for any purpose (including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising, promoting and publicizing CGI and its products and services), will infringe upon or violate the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity.