Effective Date: July 30, 2020
The following policy applies to anyone who is not a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If you a resident of the EEA, click here.
Information You Provide
We collect information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use our Services, search for a retailer or dealer, create an online account with us, register a product with us, provide information to one of our sales coordinators, speak with one of our representatives by phone, sign up for newsletters or our email list, participate in a survey or promotion, request information from us, or otherwise contact us.
The information we collect from you may include, but is not limited to:
- Personal identifiers, such as name, address, email address, telephone, or mobile number;
- Protected classification information, such as age, sex, gender, nationality, date of birth, or marital status;
- Commercial information, such as credit or debit card number or other financial information
- Biometric information, such as facial recognition in accordance with applicable laws;
- Video images and audio of you and those that come within range of your cameras;
- Internet usage information, such as browsing time, cookie information, Internet
- Protocol (“IP”) address, or website history;
- Employer-related information, such as your title and the company’s name, address, and phone number;
- User account information, such as CGI account number and password;
- Device information, including the model, serial number, and technical information about the device you have installed and other information you choose to share about the product while using our Services;
- Geolocation of any computer, mobile device, or other electronic device used to access a Site or App;
- Information regarding the products or equipment or Services purchased;
- Information regarding your usage of, and performance of, our products, equipment and Apps;
- Information you provide to us about authorized users (e.g., guests or co-owners) of your myQ account who may have access to or be able to action your connected device through our Services. Information you provide about your authorized users may include their names and email addresses;
- Photographs (if you elect to upload one) or avatars which you choose to upload (if available);
- When you use one of our products or connected devices, we collect details of actions you or your authorized users initiate through our Apps. For example, we will collect logs of when a garage door is opened or closed through the Services. This data may be available to other authorized users, depending on their level of permission, through device history logs within the App; and
- Charges you incur and other information relating to your transactions.
Information Collected from Third Parties or Other Sources
We may obtain personal or other information about you from third parties or other sources, and combine this information with the information we collect from and about you through the Services. Such information may include, but is not limited to:
- Information, including geolocation information, collected through one of our mobile applications;
- Information obtained through communications that you make through a third party, such as through our network of independent retailers and/or dealers;
- Information obtained through transactions you complete with us or our retailers, including charges you incur;
- Information about your credit history or other publicly available information about you from consumer reporting agencies; and
- Any other information obtained through companies that have business relationships with us, such as our licensees, affiliates, and business partners.
- Information, including your name and email address, provided by another user in order to invite you to set up an account as an authorized user of a connected device or other CGI product.
We may also obtain information about you from other online sources, including when you connect with CGI through its official corporate pages on third party social networks (such as Facebook) or the “apps” on those pages. This information may include, but is not limited to, name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity. We may combine this information with the information we collect from and about you through the Services.
Information Automatically Collected
For example, we may automatically collect certain information from you, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, software version, IP address, geolocation, phone model, phone operating system, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services. We also may collect information about your use of a Site or App, including the date and time you visit the Site or App, the areas or pages of the Site or App that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site or App, the number of times you return to the Site or App, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Site or App, and other sites that you may visit.
We may also use third party cookies and other technologies to support our Services, provide services on our behalf, facilitate business transactions on our behalf, or provide relevant advertising to you. Some of these third parties may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies on our Sites or Apps, which may send some of the above-referenced information to those third parties.
Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Sites and Apps require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so you may not be able to use certain features on the applicable Site or App, or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Certain parts of our Sites and/or Apps may also include advertisements from third parties. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third-party ad-servers and CGI served ads online using the National Advertising Initiative’s opt-out tool, the About Ads opt-out tool, or on TRUSTe’s site.
Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Sites and Apps, as well as information collected from other online sources or from third party sources to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Services.
CGI may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To provide our products and Services to you;
- To validate, confirm, verify, manage, and track your account, products or services (including to process payment card transactions, or to contact you about your account, products or services);
- To enhance your online experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to a Site or App, make the account usage and purchasing process faster and smoother and provide you with customized Site or App content, targeted offers, and advertising on Sites, Apps (including geo-targeted advertising), or via email, telephone, text message, or by mail;
- Manage job opportunities at CGI for recruitment and other HR-related purposes;
- To recognize your online activities over time and across different websites and devices;
- To contact you with information, newsletters, promotional materials and contests from CGI or on behalf of our business partners, licensees, and affiliates;
- We may also share user information with our co-sponsors, business partners and service providers to offer products or services which we believe may be valuable or useful to our visitors. They may use a pixel tag or other similar technology to collect anonymous information about your visits to Sites, and they may use that information to target advertisements for our products and Services.
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes;
- To review the usage and operations of our Sites or Apps, and improve our content, products, and services;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Sites, Apps, and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- To troubleshoot unexpected issues with your connected devices and other CGI products; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection.
Additionally, if you use any of the Sites or Apps to connect with third party services you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third party services based on your requests.
CGI may disclose the personal information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- With our affiliated companies, retailers and dealers, including subsidiaries of such companies;
- With our third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us;
- With our agents, licensees, and other companies that assist us in providing a product or service to you, including, but not limited to, making your purchase and installation; providing you with customer assistance; processing and/or confirming your transactions; providing you with the services you requested; assessing creditworthiness; billing and collecting any amounts owed in connection with your account or products or services purchased; or recovering any monies due, such as through debt collection agencies;
- With our select licensees, affiliates, retailers and business partners that we believe may have offers of interest to you, including for their own marketing purposes;
- To respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law;
- To authorized users of a connected device, which, depending on their level of permission, may receive your user profile data and have access to device history logs within the App. If you do not wish to share this data with other authorized users, you may decline the invitation you received to use the App; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
CGI may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) (Civil Code Section 1798.100, et seq.) may provide Consumers with specific rights regarding your personal information. These may include:
- Access to Specific Information: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve months. Once we have verified your identity, we will disclose the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you, which will be made in writing and delivered through your account with us, if you maintain such an account. If you do not maintain an account with CGI, we will provide such information electronically, at your option, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
- Deletion Request Rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
- Personal Information Sales Opt-Out Rights: You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. You can exercise this right by completing our web form.
To exercise the rights described above, it is necessary for us to verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. To verify your identity, we may ask you to provide your full name, telephone number, and address.
Only you or an authorized agent (“Authorized Agent”) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. When an Authorized Agent is submitting a request on your behalf, we require your Authorized Agent to provide evidence of their entitlement, which must include information sufficient to identify you and the purpose of the request, and at least one of the following:
- written and signed permission designating the Authorized Agent to act on your behalf. You must verify your identity with us and directly confirm with us that you have provided the Authorized Agent permission to submit the request;
- evidence that you have provided the Authorized Agent with power of attorney pursuant to the California Probate Code; or
- proof that the Authorized Agent is a person or business entity registered with the California Secretary of State and that you have authorized be able to act on your behalf.
Absent such documentation, we reserve the right to refuse to comply with third-party requests for information.
You also may make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
- Non-Discrimination: Unless permitted by applicable law, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights under CCPA or applicable law, including by denying you goods or services; charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; providing you a different level of quality of goods or services; or suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of quality of goods or services.
If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice or exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us at:
- Click here to visit our Consumer Rights Requests webform
- Requests can be submitted by postal mail, phone or email to :
The Chamberlain Group, Inc. Attn: Compliance Department 300 Windsor Drive,
Oak Brook, IL 60523
CGI will confirm receipt of the request within 10 days and explain how it will process the request. CGI will then respond to the request within 45 days. CGI may require an additional 45 days (for a total of 90 days) to process your request, but in those situations CGI will provide you a response and explanation for the reason it will take more than 45 days to respond to the request.
Non-affiliated third parties are independent from CGI and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
Disclosures of Your Personal Information for a Business Purpose
Categories of Personal Information
Categories of Third Parties
Personal Records (e.g., signature, contact details, user ID, or other similar information)
Protected Classification Information
Audio or Visual Information
Internet Usage Information
User Account Information
Inferences Drawn from Personal Information
Sales of Personal Information
We may have sold or disclosed for valuable consideration certain categories of your personal information to our business partners (e.g., integration partners that supplement our Services and to whom you choose to link one of our products or Services). The categories of personal information we disclose to business partners in this manner may include your personal identifiers; personal records; commercial information; internet usage information; and user account information. To exercise your right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to our business partners, please complete our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” form or contact us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Like many organizations, we engage services that deliver interest-based advertisements to you. In order to deliver these advertisements to you, we may make available or transfer your personal information (e.g., internet usage information, such as browsing history, online identifiers, such as an IP address, and inferences drawn about your use of ours or other services) to our marketing partners (e.g., entities that perform advertising or analytics services). To the extent that “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to encompass such advertising and analytics practices, you may request to opt out by filling out our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” form or by contacting us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. You also may adjust your device or browser’s settings to limit how your internet usage data and device data is shared with third parties. Please refer to the “Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures” section for references to tools for adjusting your preferences.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Any information you may disclose on our Sites or Apps, in blogs, on message boards, in chat rooms, or on other public areas on a Site, App, or other third-party website that the Site or App may link to, becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas. We reserve the right to remove any posting or content in a posting at our sole discretion.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct our Sites or Apps to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information to a Site or App, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from the files of such Site or App.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site and App visitors. While we make every reasonable effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information) on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Your personal information may be stored on servers in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, where the data protection and other laws may differ from those of other countries. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate.
YOUR OPTIONS AND ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We provide our customers with the opportunity to opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to purchase, processing, registration or ongoing services. To “opt out” of receiving future e-mail marketing messages from CGI, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an e-mail marketing message or by clicking here. To access, review, or update your information stored by CGI, you may visit the Account Profile page on the Sites or the Apps, where you can view, update, or change your personal information and update your member profile, password, and associated information.
If you have any additional questions concerning access to or updating your personal information, please contact us at the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Click here to visit our Consumer Rights Requests webform
- Contact us by postal mail, phone or email to :
The Chamberlain Group, Inc.
Attn: Compliance Department
300 Windsor Drive,
Oak Brook, IL 60523 833-620-0260